CONTEST IS CLOSED, THANKS FOR ENTERING
Do you want to go to VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas? Well now is your chance! Thanks to my good friends at Symantec, Xsigo and Veeam, I’ve put together a full VMworld 2011 package to include your conference pass, air fare and 5 nights hotel at Harrah’s. It doesn’t get any better than that! Last year was my first trip to VMworld thanks to Jason Boche’s contest to give away a free VMworld pass, and thanks to Stephen Foskett for covering my air fare. Since VMworld 2010 in San Francisco, I’ve been blogging hardcore and attending VMUGs in Maryland, DC and Phoenix, and just was awarded the vExpert 2011 award from VMware! It’s been a whirlwind year, and I really owe it all to winning Jason’s contest and being able to attend VMworld. If you’re looking to get the most up to date information, demo the latest software in the labs or rub shoulders with some of the best bloggers, SMEs and minds in the industry, there’s no better place to do that than VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas.
The Sponsors and The Details
Symantec stepped up to sponsor the full conference pass to include both breakfast and lunch, the Solutions Exchange floor, lots of great sessions and more. This will mean the world to the winner, can’t thank you enough!
How To Enter
To enter this contest, post one comment/reply including the following information:
- * Your favorite thing about VMware
* What you look forward to most at VMworld 2011
* Who you hope meet at VMworld 2011
In your comment, please include the following:
- * First and last name
* Email address to contact you if you win
* Twitter handle (if you have one)
There aren’t too many rules, but there are a few, they are:
- 1. The contest is open to anyone in the world, however, the air fare is only covered up to $500 US dollars.
2. You must be able to attend VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada (conference pass is only valid for the US conference). I don’t want this pass to go to waste.
3. Only one valid entry per person.
4. Contest entry must be received by Sunday July 24th 11pm EST, no entries will be considered after 11pm EST.
* The winner will be randomly drawn Sunday July 24th, notified via email and announced Monday morning July 25th on vDestination.com.
If You Are The Lucky Winner
Now here’s your part, after all, this isn’t just a free trip to Vegas. First of all, please don’t enter if you can’t go to VMworld. You’ll have to take off almost an entire week to really get the most out of your trip. Secondly, if you win, you’ll need to do a write-up of your experience at VMworld, and post it as a guest blogger on vDestination.com. This could be a video diary, or just a running blog post with pictures and all. We want to know what your experience was like at the conference, be honest and share as much as you want. Also, being that the sponsors have so generously offered to fund your trip, we’ll plan to meet up on the Solutions Exchange floor and visit each one of their booths for a quick demo, or interview to be posted on my and/or their blog. I think that is a fair exchange for your time.
Thank you again to all of my great sponsors. If there are any other sponsors out there who would like to be involved, please contact me. We can set up a dinner and a demo one of the nights, I’m open to any suggestions, anything to make this VMworld 2011 experience amazing is welcome.